Life Skills Development
The PLUS Company offers over 60 different Adult Education and Enrichment classes each month. Class include everything from health and fitness, coping with anxiety, financial literacy, and cooking to art and music therapy. These community-based learning opportunities allow individuals with disabilities to explore interests, remain fit and healthy physically and mentally, and learn skills that will lead to greater independence. The PLUS Company partners with many community organizations to help deliver innovative, fun, and supportive programs, such as our Literacy Program with Rivier University, or our Art Program with the Currier Art Institute.
Clients are also encouraged to develop and lead their own classes and clubs to build organizational and leadership skills, as well as foster stronger social connections with their peers.
All Adult Education and Enrichment classes are funded through grant and fundraising activities.
Curriculum at a glance*
- Art: Quilting, Painting, Sewing, Knitting, Scrapbooking, and Photography, Beading
- Community Service Leadership (Volunteering): Community Service Club, Meals on Wheels, Food Pantries
- Clubs/Social: Anime, NASCAR, Book, Walking, Bowling, Wrestling, and Go Green
- Health and Fitness: Aquafit, Special Olympics, Bowling, Dancercise, Yoga, Meditation, Nutrition, Zumba, Healthy Cooking, and Wii Fit
- General Education: Woodworking, Literacy, and Public Speaking
- Life Skills: Money Management, Cooking, Baking, Managing Relationships, Self-Advocation, Anger Management, Positivity Training, and Problem Solving
- Music: Performing Arts, Music Therapy, and Music Hour Sponsored by TD Bank
- Extracurricular/Social: Bingo, Movie Nights, Pizza Nights, and Holiday Dances
*This is just a selection of programming that may be offered. For the current monthly calendar, contact the Adult Education Director. Some classes may require an additional student fee.
(603) 889-0652 ext. 124 or email@example.com