The primary responsibility of this position is to provide supported employment services to workers with disabilities in various work sites, assuring that all work is performed in accordance with employer business cultures and business needs; with concentration on acceptable workplace behaviors, work performance, and productivity. The goal is to develop and assist in maintaining excellent work and related social skills for individuals with disabilities with the ultimate goal of successful competitive employment outcomes and job retention.
This person works with a team of the PLUS Company Career and Business Services Department and other PLUS staff as needed, the employment site and its designated staff, parents/guardians, service coordinators and funding partners.
This position is based in our Nashua facility, and the schedule is generally Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m. However, the Career Trainer must be available to work evenings and/or weekends when necessary. As a role model for the individual you will be working with, dependability, appropriate interaction with co-workers, and doing a job well are important.
One-on-One Direct Care Professional
As the PLUS continues to grow, we find ourselves providing services for clients with dual diagnoses. (Dual Diagnosis is a term applied to the co-existence of the symptoms of both intellectual or developmental disabilities and mental health problems.)
The PLUS Company is looking for staff who would be interested in learning more about how to provide person-centered guidance that will support adults with challenging behaviors, regardless of their disability. In this program you will be receiving professional guidance from a licensed therapist who specializes in behaviorally challenged individuals.
The purpose of this program will be to:
- promote consistent and effective services and supports in different settings and circumstances (e.g., families, supported living, etc.).
- protect the rights of individuals served (client rights), especially the right to participate in and determine the development of their services and supports.
- provide strategies that promote the highest quality of life possible as determined by the individual.
- provide tools to enhance skills of persons supporting individuals (staff, family, etc.).
- provide strategies that maintain resilience in caregivers.
Type of skills needed:
- A minimum of three years’ experience working with this population.
- Must have a philosophy that is consistent with The PLUS Company’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- Excellent observation skills as well as attention to detail when providing documentation of an event
- The ability to implement and follow a behavior plan as outlined by the team.
- Willing to work flexible hours (will include weekends)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff, individuals receiving services, families, other agencies, and the public.
- Effective writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrate leadership as well as possess compassion for and an understanding of the needs and struggles of people with developmental disabilities.
- Willing to transport individuals in own vehicle if needed.
Residential Direct Support Professionals (Full & Part Time)
The PLUS Company has been providing Residential and Vocational Services to adults with developmental disabilities since 1972. The success of The PLUS Company is a direct result of employing dedicated and compassionate staff who believe and promote our mission.
As we continue to grow as an agency, we find ourselves in need of additional dedicated and compassionate staff. We are currently staffing for weekends, evening shifts and alert overnight position. If you’re looking for part time work, we may have a schedule that will meet your needs.
The PLUS Company has residential programs that are located in Nashua, Hudson, Merrimack, Milford and Wilton.
Certified Nurse’s Aides, Home Health Aide or an experienced Direct Support Professional are who we are looking for.
We do have several entry level positions that we would be willing to train the right person for. So if you are interested in this field, stop by and learn more about what we do.
Vocational Direct Support Professional
In this Monday through Friday position you will be working one on one with individuals with behavioral issues. A basic understanding of Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome and Autism Spectrum Disorder will be needed. Your patient and easy going manner will go along way with the success of this individual.
Equally important is the ability to respond quickly while still maintaining a sense of daily structure. It will also be important to be able to be consistent with the implementation of the behavioral program currently in place. Strong written and verbal communication is a must. Prior training in SOLVE, MANDTor CPI is required.
Certified Nurses Aides and Home Health Aides are terrific for this workplace environment. Staff provide the supports to the residents which all them to live independently in their own home and participate in the community. Previous experience or training with providing personal care is preferred. We have a variety of work schedules our biggest needs being weekend. Residential homes are located in Nashua, Hudson, Wilton, Merrimack and Milford.